Assistant Gym Manager in London – Amazing Health and Fitness Job Opportunity at the industry's leading gym
£24k plus £4k bonuses structure plus 100% of PT income.
This fitness job in London comes with whole host of benefits include ability to Personal Train to top up income. Widely considered the best internal development progression and career opportunities in the fitness industry, this fitness job will be the first on the path to a long successful career in the fitness industry.
We are recruiting for a sector leading fitness brand who have gyms all over the UK and they are looking for an Assistant Gym Manager role for their club in London. They provide great routes to develop your fitness career, firstly through giving opportunities and then with a great learning and development program. There is genuinely a huge amount of fitness industry leading talent to work for and alongside. This is truly a great health and fitness opportunity.
This is a very hands-on management role within the fitness industry and encompasses many areas that can be covered in more detail when you connect with one of our fitness recruitment team. However, the key responsibilities are:
- People Management – Manage, inspire and lead an Assistant Manager and a team of Personal Trainers.
- Brand & Operations Management – the fitness brand is brilliant and alongside your fitness team, it is your job to make sure your club not only attains the required standards and processes but comes ALIVE for its members.
- Product – Yep, you know that big room you are managing, you must believe in it, want to be in it, want to be talking to the people in it. This fitness job requires people with great knowledge of the industry and genuine passion for fitness.
- Commercial – you will need to help the club raise its profile locally with fitness testing and events both corporate and community, ultimately bringing in new memberships. You will also help and lead your fitness team drive other commercial opportunities for your club, such as personal training and secondary spend.
What are we looking for? For you to be successful for this role and what we are looking for are clear. Firstly, you will read the above key requirements and be excited. Secondly a successful candidate for these jobs in fitness typically has:
- A background in management within the fitness industry. We are typically looking for someone who has been a General Manager in fitness, Club Manager, Fitness Manager, Deputy/Assistant Manager or Sales Manager within the fitness industry.
- If you are from outside the industry this role is still possible but you must completely excel in the areas above and have transferrable examples. You will also ideally be Personal Trainer qualified to level 3.
- You will have energy, personality and ambition for this fitness job. Skillset is vital but this company also recruit the person sat in front of them, meaning personality and character go a long way.
This fitness job can develop significantly and there are considerable examples of this happening consistently over time and all over the country. The next step from this role would be progression to a larger general manager position for more experience or a cluster manager position.
Your recruiter for this role is Cam Bridger, Senior Account Manager at Love Recruitment and can be contacted simply by applying for this role below. Love Recruitment are a fitness recruitment agency, specialising in hundreds of fitness jobs like these. Cam is a health and fitness recruitment specialist for the whole fitness sector and if keen to considered please ‘apply now’.
We are here to support recruitment in the fitness industry and have produced videos on CV writing, interview preparation, guides to fitness jobs and many more that can be seen on our blogs or on our YouTube channel, click on a couple of examples below to check them out.
CV Writing - https://youtu.be/9CWgVTOjIb0
Interview Preparation - https://youtu.be/A4ROFccAkZc
Find many more at - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTNe7cM-amgJSXJfCY6jS8Q/videos
Interview Prep - https://www.loverecruitmentgroup.com/blog/posts/21131-the-definitive-guide-to-an-interview-in-the-fitness-industry-for-your-dream-health-and-fitness-job
Why Work in Fitness - https://www.loverecruitmentgroup.com/blog/posts/19855-why-work-in-fitness-the-definitive-guide
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.