Area Manager – Fantastic Health and Fitness Job Opportunity
£35k plus £10k Bonus
We are recruiting for this fitness job in the Nottingham Area
We are recruiting for a sector leading fitness brand who have gyms all over the UK and they are looking for an Area Manager to oversee up to 5 fitness clubs in the Nottingham Region. They provide great routes to develop your fitness career, firstly through giving opportunities and then with a great learning and development program. There is genuinely a huge amount of fitness industry leading talent to work for and alongside. This is truly a great health and fitness opportunity.
This great health and fitness job was created relatively recently and there are c50 Area manager jobs in this brand. This role really suits an experienced fitness club manager who has opened gyms, worked in a branded environment or perhaps has been a cluster manager, regional sales manager or regional operations manager elsewhere in the leisure industry
This health and fitness opportunity role within the fitness industry requires the ability to lead through others but can also be hands on. It encompasses many areas that can be covered in more detail with your fitness recruitment specialist from Love Recruitment. However, the key responsibilities are
- People Management– You will be responsible for managing fitness club managers. You will be leading 4-6 fitness club managers who in turn have teams of their own. Ensuring they have the support and tools they need to be successful is a huge part of the role.
- Brand & Operations Management– the fitness brand and club operations are brilliant and it’s your job to make sure each of your clubs attains the required standards and processes.
- Product– You are responsible for ensuring this is consistent throughout each of your clubs, you must believe in it, want to be in it, want to be talking to the people in it. The product and fitness offering with each club is huge, encompassing all the latest fitness trends and many of the demands of today’s fitness users.
- Commercial – you need to make sure your area is financially successful. This involves membership obviously but also personal training, secondary spend, new fitness opporunties and crucially recruiting and retaining the right people in the right fitness jobs.
What are we looking for? For you to be successful for this role and what we are looking for is clear. Firstly, you will read the above key requirements and be excited and be able to display these attributes. Secondly a successful candidate for these roles typically has the below.
- A background in regional or area management within the fitness industry is ideal. We are typically looking for someone who has been a fitness area manager, regional manager, fitness general manager, fitness club manager, regional sales manager or regional operations manager.
- If you are from outside the industry this role is still possible but you must completely excel in the areas above and have transferrable examples.
- You will have energy, personality and ambition. Skillset is vital but this company also recruit the person sat in front of them.
This role can develop significantly and there are considerable examples of this happening consistently over time and all over the country. The next step from this role would be progression to a regional manager position.
Your recruiter for this role is Cam Bridger, Account Manager at Love Recruitment and can be contacted simply by applying for this role below. Love Recruitment are a fitness recruitment agency, specialising in hundreds of fitness jobs like these. Lawrence is a health and fitness recruitment specialist for the whole fitness sector and if keen to considered please ‘apply now’.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.