Wellness & Activities Development Manager
Essex– c£25k + benefits
We are looking for a very special individual within the Health & Fitness Sector to organise, deliver and manage events and community arts activities in partnership with Uttlesford District Council and a wide range of other organisations.
The role of the Wellness & Activities Development Manager is to support and manage a variety of strategies, for example Health & Wellbeing, Community Engagement, Inclusion & Diversity. This is a really varied role, where you will need to be able to “wear different hats”, so a diverse knowledge base is an absolute must!
The successful candidate must have experience in developing and implementing strategies and projects that work between multiple organisations. The role focuses on engaging the local community to participate in a variety of activities and to improve overall health & wellness within the city and around the district. You must be organised with a genuine passion for wellness and wanting to improve the lives of those in the community.
What is the role?
- To create and maintain a calendar of outreach activities and organise community events to take place at the Leisure Centres. All activities will contribute towards the member retention plan
- Network within the local community to promote the benefits of physical activity and healthy lifestyles.
- Have a strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms to increase the company’s visibility within the local community.
- Apply for and secure funding for intervention programmes to help increase accessibility within key target user groups.
- Create and deliver a sport and community development plan to meet the needs of the local demographic profile
If you are organised, have experience in managing multiple stakeholders and a delivery of community projects then we want to hear from you. The role is primarily a weekday role; however, evenings and weekends would be required dependant on the event. This role is a 1-year fixed term contract. There will potentially be an opportunity to move to a permanent role if the projects are successful
Your recruiter for this role is Helen Horton, Senior Account Manager at Love Recruitment group, and can be contacted simply by applying for the role below. Helen and Love Recruitment specialise in recruitment for the whole fitness sector and work on a number of jobs in the fitness industry. If keen to be considered please ‘Apply Now’.