Interim Managing Director – Leisure
Circa 70 K plus benefits
We are very excited to be recruiting for this unique and exciting opportunity to join a leisure organisation with a charitable status. With the current Managing Director retiring, we are now looking for an interim Managing director to join their business on a 1 year fixed term contract. Although this is a 1-year fixed term contract, there is a potential opportunity of this being extended into a permanent role.
This is an exciting senior level leisure job not to be missed!
My client is leisure organisation that has been operating for over 20 years. The organisation has charitable status and operates on a not-for-profit basis by reinvesting its surpluses back into the service and/or facilities it operates – all for the benefit of the local communities it serves. The organisation works with two separate councils and runs a total of 3 sites (Wet and dry leisure centres) employing a total of 150 staff.
The role of an Interim managing director will see you have overall responsibility of the running of the business. You will have a team of senior management who will support you with this. You will also be the main point of contact with the Management board members and senior officers at the two councils.
Other key responsibilities include
- Overall responsibility of the running and operations of the business
- Working very closely with the board and providing them all information they need including writing and online reports and updating them on the progress of the business from a financial/target perspective
- Continual review of business/company structures and business and financial plans.
- Advising and implementing all decisions made by the Management Board
- Overseeing and supporting as necessary the work of three Heads of Service and Sales and Marketing department.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to speak to senior leader in the fitness and leisure industry who have specific experience of working in the public sector. Exposure of dealing with local councils is key in this role and you must have experience of running a business. Ideally you will have the following
- Experience of working at a senior management level with business leadership and strong financial acumen skills and a proven history of leading a leisure related, cross-functional business.
- Working and managing within the public sector
- Developing a company vision and associated plans to deliver on company commitments.
Your recruiter for this role is Helen Horton, Senior Account Manager at Love Recruitment and can be contacted simply by applying for the role below. Helen and Love Recruitment specialise in recruitment for the whole fitness sector and work on a number of jobs in the fitness industry. If keen to be considered please ‘Apply Now’.