Up to £50 K plus excellent benefits
We are recruiting for a fantastic property company in London who are now on the market for a health and safety manager to join their team. With a great reputation as an employer and as an operator, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced health and safety manager.
My client is a leading property company in London. The site includes apartments (build to rent), serviced apartments, health club, spa, restaurants, and juice bars. This is one of the largest development of this type in Europe with unique operational and health and safety challenges.
The main purpose of this job is to manage the day-to-day functions of Health and Safety throughout the site. Pro-active approach in implementing the Preventative Planned Maintenance schedule and overseeing Quality Management of compliance and contractors working on site. To develop and maintain, in conjunction with the Facilities department and department heads, all site processes, procedures, and coordination.
Key responsibilities include
- To ensure the company’s Health and Safety Policy is implemented consistently across the organisation.
- To monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety policy and practice, make recommendations, and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- To assist in the identification of training needs for employees and arrange training as required.
- To advise the Managing Director and management team on the implications of current and emerging health, safety, and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating actions plans to ensure compliance across the organisation.
- To ensure routine health and safety activities and checks are carried out e.g., testing of portable electrical appliances and the review of risk assessments.
- To investigate, or where appropriate, to assist others to investigate the circumstances and causes of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence.
- Monitor the services provided to external clients (CDM) to ensure that the team responds proactively to programme constraints.
- Co-ordinate the issuing of notifications where required to the Health and Safety Executive.
- Manage the internal legionella water management processes, asbestos surveying and programme of fire risk assessments and where necessary relevant control measures.
- Manage & pro-actively arrange PPM programmes for Facilities Department to implement
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced proactive Health and Safety manager who is looking for an exciting new challenge. Experience of working in a varied property/facility is desirable and we are keen to speak to candidates from the following backgrounds: Health Clubs, Hospitality, Healthcare (including hospitals), Holiday parks, national parks, commercial leisure, property, shared work-space and many more.
Some requirements our client has requested
- A relevant professional qualification e.g., NEBOSH Diploma
- A chartered member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH).
- Corporate membership of the RICS and / or CIOB (desirable but not essential).
- Extensive knowledge of effective health and safety management strategies and best practice.
- Detailed knowledge of current health and safety legislation and its application within the residential industry.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership qualities.
- A good level of interpersonal and customer relationship skills.